Friday

Methods for reducing nonspecific interaction in antibody–antigen assay via atomic force microscopy

We developed a method to measure the rupture forces between antibody and antigen by atomic force microscopy (AFM). Previous studies have reported that in the measurement of antibody–antigen interaction using AFM, the specific intermolecular forces are often obscured by nonspecific adhesive binding forces between antibody immobilized cantilever and substrate surfaces on which antigen or nonantigen are fixed. Here, we examined whether detergent and nonreactive protein, which have been widely used to reduce nonspecific background signals in ordinary immunoassay and immunoblotting, could reduce the nonspecific forces in the AFM measurement. The results showed that, in the presence of both nonreactive protein and detergent, the rupture forces between anti-ferritin antibodies immobilized on a tip of cantilever and ferritin (antigen) on the substrate could be successfully measured, distinguishing from nonspecific adhesive forces. In addition, we found that approach/retraction velocity of the AFM cantilever was also important in the reduction of nonspecific adhesion. These insights will contribute to the detection of specific molecules at nanometer scale region and the investigation of intermolecular interaction by the use of AFM.

ARTICLE

1 comment:

TRISHA NELSON said...

Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by an American doctors but the best way to cure Herpes virus is by taking natural herbal mixed medicine for permanent treatment.I'm here to appreciate Dr James for using his herbal medicine to cure my herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus inside of me and it have really really been a serious problem to me, I was so confused because I have been taking several drugs and injections to be cured but all of my effort was in vain, one morning I was browsing the internet then I saw several testimonies about Dr James herbal mix medicine, curing people from herpes virus / HIV AIDS and Immediately I contacted Dr James on his email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com. I told him about my problems and he tells me that I must be cured. He gave me instructions which I rightly followed, so he prepared his herbal mixed medicine and sent it to me through UPS SPEED POST, which I used (MORNING AND EVENING) for 2 weeks and I was cured. everything was like a dream to me and my herpes virus was permanently cured. Dr James thank you, if out here suffering from herpes virus or any KIND OF diseases LIKE... HIV/AIDS, DIABETES, CANCER,RECTUM EFFECTS, BOWEL OBSTRUCTION, HERPES, HEPATITIS A&B, CARDIAC DISEASES, CHRONIC DISEASES, YELLOW FEVER, EPILEPSY, LUPUS, STROKE, SPINAL CORD, ECZEMA, KIDNEY DISEASES, ACME, BACK PAIN, DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, APOLLO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, VAGINAL DISCHARGING, ARTHRITIS, MENINGITIS itchy' contact.Doctor James and be free from your diseases because I am a living testimony, Dr James, is honest herbalist doctor, he is also known as the Great herbal cure master for herbal root. Contact him now via his email: (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com) (whatsapp or call him on +2348152855846